- 200g caster sugar
- 200g softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 100g softened butter
- 140g icing sugar
- vanilla extract
- strawberry jam
- First heat your oven to 190c, and line two cake tins.
- Add all the ingredients for the cake together and mix until smooth and soft
- Divide the mixture between the two cake tins and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Once cooked allow to cool completely
- Add the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix until thick.
- When the cakes are cooled, add the butter cream onto one of the cake layers and smooth.
- Add the strawberry jam to the other layer and smooth. Then put both layers together.
- Dust icing sugar over the finished cake.