Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Advice - Exams

Since it is around the time where some people will be doing exams or have just done them, I thought that doing a post on how to stay relaxed through these times would be a good idea. Also since some people are just generally stresses with life without the added pressure of exams and work, maybe this post could even help them.

Step 1 - Run a bath
More often then not, running a bath really helps me stay relaxed and calm. Also it gives a chance to clear my head of worries. I find that just having a bath of water doesn't really help but having bubbles and bath bombs in the water really does make a difference.(the inner girly girl is making an appearance.)

Step 2 - Read a book or magazine
Currently I am reading the whole Twilight Saga. Since I have seen all the films, numerous times, I thought I would read the books. They haven't failed to disappoint. I would say they are better than the films in some ways. Any way, I find that reading some kind of book, no matter what genre, helps to chill out and relax. Sometimes even flicking threw the latest issue of magazines help me.

Step 3 - Don't over study
Over studying can sometimes metaphorically fry your brain leaving you mentally exhausted. Taking maybe an or two of your day to revise is so much better than spending a whole day dedicated to revision. 

Step 4 - Don't leave it to the last minute
Speaking from experience, I have seen first hand what leaving revision to the last minute can do. It got that bad for me I was in tears every morning because of the pressure. Luckily I am a fast learner so I managed to learn and memorize three paragraphs in Spanish two days before my speaking exam.

Step 5 - During the exam take your time
I am really bad for this. During exams I am that eager to get it over and done with I rush. Leaving stupid mistakes like 2x4=6.( I actually put that in my maths mock exam.)
Also, because of this, I end up having half an hour left with nothing to do. If you end up with a long time before the end then go through and check. Check every single answer you have put down. Check every equation and sum you have written. Check your spelling and grammar. God Dammint! Just check!

Step 6 - Read the questions CAREFULLY
When you feel under pressure and worried you tend to read questions wrongly so you end up dropping marks on easy 1 mark questions. Now I know you are probably thinking "dropping one or two marks isn't that bad" when as a matter of fact it is. One mark could be what you need to go from a D to a C, from a fail to a pass.

Good Luck with your exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment