Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Perks of Being a Blogger

I got the idea for this post after reading the book Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky. I thought that after blogging for four months nearly, there have been a few good things that have happened because of me creating my own little corner of the internet. I thought I would share them with you.



  1. Making new friends - Whilst searching Bloglovin' one day for blogs to follow, I came across a blog called UNSTITCHEDD, which is run by the beautiful Maddy. I noticed that she was the same age as me and her blog was just brilliant, so I emailed her and asked her for advice on how to get your blog noticed and if she had any tips on how to make my blog as best as it can be. I thought she would never reply and just delete the email without even reading it. But she did answer and ever since then we have been emailing back and forth and very slowly getting to know each other.
  2. Gaining confidence in yourself and your abilities - I was never a confident person and would always feel like my writing skills weren't as good as they could be in order to create a blog. But thanks to my best friend over at LasiLocks, she persuaded me to create a blog as she knew how much I want to be a journalist and that this would put me out there. I am so grateful to her that she pushed me to create a blog, and it is safe to say that I will never go back since I don't regret it for one second.
  3. Being able to get your point across - I have found that having your own section of the internet to express your feelings and beliefs has really helped me. Since writing my blog I have been able to put my feelings on anything out there. Whether you are a beauty blogger writing your opinion on  the latest beauty product or a travel blogger writing about the go to places this summer, you are able to put your point on the internet where anyone and everyone is able to read it.
  4. Learning new skills - Since starting my blog I have gained so many skills like photography, writing and editing. So okay I might not be the next Mario Testino or the next Shakespeare, but after having my blog for a mere four moths I have noticed a real difference in my photo taking, writing and editing skills. So much so that I am contemplating picking photography and English language at A Level.
  5. Finding new hobbies - I never used to have hobbies to fill up the time after school.I used to sit at home and play games on my laptop, listen to music, read and watch TV. Now though, I still read and listen to music, but I also am loving taking photos for Instagram and for future blog posts. I also have started writing a book to fill up my free time and to practice my writing skills.


Have you found any perks in being a blogger?

No comments:

Post a Comment