Monday, 29 December 2014

What Have I Learnt Through Blogging in 2014

2014 was a big year for me as it was the year that I started my blog. Through the past ten months I have learnt so much from blogging, reading blogs and doing my own research into posts. So, I thought I would share them with you.



You Don't Have to Post Things All The Time
When I first got started I would always feel guilty for not posting throughout the week, and it only took me to read one post off someone's blog to realise that I shouldn't feel guilty for not posting, it's my own blog. Now I have a blogging schedule that I am able to commit to and when ever I get a new idea for a post, I make the choice to either schedule it for another time or to squeeze it in to that week

Building a Blog Takes Time
At first I was annoyed how so many bloggers had hundreds upon thousands of followers. However, after reading another blog post, I realised that I have only just started and the bloggers that I was envious of had been at it for years.

Don't Post Something You Aren't Completely Happy With
This is definitely one of the best pieces of advice I have ever been given. When I first created my blog I was so eager to get started that I posted the first thing that popped into my head. I didn't even take pride in it and ended up copying the picture from google. Now however, I take a lot of time taking the photos, editing them and then writing a post that I am completely happy with.

Don't Copy Everyone's Post Ideas
Whenever I used to log into my Bloglovin' account I would always see that someone has written a post on a nail polish (random example) and then feel like I had to write one myself. However, now I sit and think of new and unique ideas for blog posts, write them down and then plan them in my little blog planner. By copyong every bloggers posts you will find that you will get side tracked and end up losing dedication to what you actually started your blog for.

Nothing is Permanent
If you find that you hate your blog design or your blog name or a post that you have done etc. then don't fret. You can always edit and change things. Everything is reversible by a click of a finger.

What have you learnt this year about blogging?

No comments:

Post a Comment