Saturday, 24 January 2015

Turn That Frown Upside Down...




For this week's post I thought I would do a chatty post and throw in a couple of my own experiences and advice...

How you act in your day to day life can influence what sort of day you have. For example, if you start the day with a positive attitude and a smile on your face, then you are more than likely going to have a good day. If you are in a crabby mood in the morning then you are more than likely going to have a rubbish day.
I have woken up before felling really agitated and stressed and ended up taking it out on family and friends, not the best thing to do. On the other hand, I have woken up in a great mood and always felt like smiling throughout the day. 

If you find that you are quite the grouch in the morning then here are a few tips as to what to do:

Make a good cup of tea or coffee 
I don't know whether it is because I am British or what, but having a cup of tea really seems to relax me and make me feel a lot better.

Have a nice hot shower/bath
There is nothing like feeling rubbish and having a hot shower/bath. It gives you a chance to collect your thoughts for the day and get any emotion out, whether that is cry, laugh, sing or hit your head against the wall.

Play your "happy tunes"
I don't know whether it is just me or what, but I find that playing some of my favourite upbeat songs really puts me in a good mood. A little tip, sometimes having your headphones in with music on full blast and dancing around the house really really helps.

Talk to someone
I find that talking to a family member or friend or even a teacher at school really helps to take some weight off my shoulders.





What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment