Thursday, 19 March 2015

My Updated Go To Make Up

I did one of these posts back in May 2014 and since I have changed my make up around a lot, I thought I would give you an updated version on my go to make up. I am not one for a big black smoky eye with a bright red lip, I tend to keep it simple, minimal and natural. 





Firstly, I prime my face with the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer. This primer is absolutely amazing with it's instant matte effect and the ability to pro long my make up. Also, it glides perfectly onto the skin and feels natural, not like silicone.
I then apply concealer. For this I use the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in Light Porcelain and the W7 Hide It concealer in light medium. The foundation is perfect as it is a light formula, so it doesn't cake up. Also, it is a shade lighter than my skin, so it really brightens the under eye area. The hide it concealer is also amazing as it is nice and creamy, so it is easy to blend with my fingers.
I then apply my all time favourite foundation, the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in Ivory.  This foundation has a brilliant coverage, which is build able, and is very easy to blend into the skin. Also it makes your face look fresh and pore less. Next, I powder with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent. This power doesn't add any colour or coverage to the face,it simply does what it says on the tin. It mattifies your skin and makes your make up stay around for longer.

For eyes I add a touch of the concealer I used previously to my lids to create a base for my eye shadow. I then sweep the Make Up Revolution eyshadow in Hung Up across where I applied the concealer. I find that this eye shadow is the perfect colour for me as it is quite cool toned with undertones of grey and purple. A warmer toned eye shadow would make my skin look orange. Also, to say it is a pound, the quality is amazing with good pigmentation, good staying power and good packaging.
For mascara I use the Collection Fat Lash in black. This product is like my holy grail products as I have used it for two years and never strayed. I also use my tiny  Clinique High Impact mascara that I got out of an issue of Glamour. Together I get long, defined and voluminous lashes in a matter of minutes. 

For lips I use the Sleek Lipstick in Barely There. For a natural colour I dabbed the product onto my lips straight from the bullet. This gives my lips a peachy tint which stay for the day.



What products make your go to face?

No comments:

Post a Comment