Sunday, 19 April 2015

Goodbye Secondary School, Hello College



I am coming to the last months of my final year at school. This means that my stress levels and anxiousness is at the max. However, I can't wait to leave school and start my college life. 

I am looking forward to college so much as you have a sense of freedom to do and study what ever you want. It also puts you one step closer to your chosen career and adulthood. At college you have a lot more options as to what to study, from sociology to history to art, where as at school you have the academic lessons like maths and subjects like technology. Even though I love those subjects, I want to finish doing them and move onto something I want to do. You also have many different qualification options from BTECs to A Levels to Extended Diplomas. You can pick what is write for you, more exam based qualifications (A Levels) or more coursework and practical qualifications (BTECs or Extended Diplomas).

With college you also get a lot more respect and slack from the tutors/teachers. You don't feel as if you have a day off, it is the end of the world and you are immediately going to fail, that is what secondary school was like for me.  


What was your secondary school life like?

No comments:

Post a Comment