Sunday, 17 May 2015

Why I Started Blogging...





I have not seen a lot of these posts around on the blogosphere, so I thought I would write one. Also, I thought I should tell you the reasons why I created my blog.

Firstly, I wanted to be more creative. I would consider myself a creative person, but not as much as others. So I thought by creating a blog on my own and write whatever I want, I could be more creative. I also wanted to express my thoughts and feelings in a creative way about things I am loving or hating. I also wanted to create a portfolio of writing to show employers and colleges. I don't know whether you know but, I want to be a writer/journalist, so by creating a blog I am kind of getting my foot in the door to the world of media. Not only that, but I wanted to improve my media skills like photography and writing. I wasn't happy with how my coursework was in school so I thought that by creating a blog, my skills will improve, and they have.

More importantly, I wanted to talk to new people. By creating my blog it gave me the chance to talk to people who have the same interests as me and who write the same sort of posts as I do. I also wanted to gain confidence in myself and my skills. As I ave said in previous posts I am not the most confident person in the world, so by starting a blog I thought that it would help me become more confident and feel happy with what I was doing.

Additionally, I needed a new hobby to do at weekends and after school instead of doing nothing. Now I spend most of my time writing posts or flicking through both Bloglovin' and Pinterest trying to come up with new blog post ideas. Blogging has also created a new hobby for me as I have started following fitness blogs which has motivated and inspired me to start working out.


Why did you start a blog?




4 comments:

  1. Great post. I started blogging to be myself and be accepted for once.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog post idea! I've also not seen many of these around and it's really nice to get to know the blogger behind the blog and learn their motivations for blogging!

    Hope you don't mind if I answer your question with a blog post of my own :)

    LikeCubed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! By the way, thank you for linking blog on your blog post. :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete