Wednesday, 15 July 2015

My Favourite Album Art


Since all I seem to do is listen to music and a blog is where you share your passions, I thought "why not do a blog post on it?!" 
Last year I used to do a monthly music picks where I shared my favourite songs of that month, but I soon fell out of love with the idea as I had a hell of a lot of songs I loved each month and in some cases they didn't change. So, I thought I would share my favourite album art. The photo or image on an album is quite important to me as it has to look pretty and different to the rest of the CDs. Now, I don't buy CDs anymore but when I play music off my phone the album art pops up as my lock screen, so I have to look at it constantly and I'd hate it if every time I locked my phone, there was a ugly album cover. Also, the album art helps me create an opinion on the over album's songs.

My first favourite is the two Hozier albums, Take me to church and Hozier. The covers are so different to any I have ever seen and are really interesting to look at. Also, it makes me think that there is a story behind the two albums.

I also really like the Paloma Faith A Perfect Contradiction album cover. I just think it is stunning! Paloma Faith is one of my all time favourite artists and I feel the album art really matches the songs that are on the album.

Finally, I love the Sia 1000 forms of fear album cover. I think it really matches Sia as, whenever she performs, she never shows her face. It also makes me think that there is a story behind the album and each song that is on it. I have gone into more depth on this album which you can read here.


What are your favourite albums covers?


No comments:

Post a Comment