Friday, 25 September 2015

What I Do To Survive Writer's Block



I don't know about you, but for me, when I am blogging I find that I have times where ideas are pouring out of me and then I have times where my brain is lacking in the ideas department. After reading post after post on how to come up with new ideas, I have assembled my own selection of top tips and thought I would share them with you.


Take a break
Whether it is for half an hour, an hour or a few days, taking a break is essential as it gives your brain chance to relax and think of other things, rather than blogging. I find that taking a break from it helps me de-stress, which helps me come up with ideas. You never know, whilst taking a break you could come up with really good ideas.

Brainstorm Ideas
Even if the ideas you come up with are completely pointless, keep going as it helps get the creative juices flowing. I either brainstorm in my blogging notebook or on a word document as looking at a blank page/screen, helps clear my mind and focus.

Explore the "explore" section of Bloglovin'
The explore section of bloglovin' is my best friend when it comes to coming up with ideas. You have every single category of blog posts right in front of you and there is an endless supply of them. I usually scroll through the "beauty" and "lifestyle" sections as I find they are the categories that suit my blog best, but I do tend to occasionally scroll through the "fashion", "travel" and "food&drink" sections to switch it up a bit. I also find the "find blogs" section quite handy because you can, again, search for blogs in a specific category. I usually spend quite a lot of my time in this section; I find following new blogs quite handy for fresh new ideas.

Google is your best friend
More often than not, when I am out of ideas I turn to Google to find lists of post ideas. I simply search "blog post ideas" and then a specific category and ta dah! I have pages and pages of ideas.


How do you come up with ideas?


2 comments:

  1. What a great blog post! I love it!

    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com.mt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I've just nominated you for the Love/ hate tag over on my blog! xx

    www.thefashionwayx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete