Friday, 30 October 2015

Fifty Shades Trilogy and Grey Book Review







I was really skeptical about writing this post as I didn't know what people would think and whether or not you would like it. With that being said, I finally decided to just write it as my blog is a way of sharing things I like.

Last year my friend got me the fifty shades of grey book trilogy for my birthday as I had wanted to read them for ages. A few days after receiving them, I read them and finished them so quickly that I read them again (it took around two weeks in total). I know the books aren't exactly age appropriate, but I thoroughly enjoyed the books. I enjoyed them that much that I have read the four books five times since getting them. The story line is totally different to any other book and isn't just about sex as most people think, it is a twisted romantic love story. The books offer a very alternative romantic story, which I like as it makes them stand out from the whole of the romance genre.

The first three books, fifty shades of grey; fifty shades darker and fifty shades freed, are written from Ana's point of view and the fourth book, Grey, is the first book but written from Christian's point of view. The first book is quite sexual, but the last two don't include as much sexual content and is more about the love story. 

I have also seen the film adaptation of the first book and thought it was a good film, but not as good as the book as it missed out a lot of details.

Have you read the four books?



2 comments:

  1. I've never read the books or seen the film! I've heard many people say that the books are so badly written and that the relationship is abusive etc? I do want to see the film purely because of the main male actor damnnnnnnnnnnn hahahaha!:) xxxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they are badly written and the relationship isn't "abusive", but everyone is welcome to their opinion. And you are right, the male actor is gorgeous!

      Delete