Friday, 2 October 2015

How I Balanced School With Blogging





I started my blog in February last year and was starting one of the biggest parts of my life, GCSEs. With that in mind, I had to quickly learn how to balance school work and revision with writing posts and taking photos for that post. So I thought I would share my tips on how I did it with you and hopefully it will help a few of you.

Get Homework/Coursework Done ASAP
I did this most of my school life so I didn't find it that hard. By doing your homework as soon as you get it, you then can spend more time on creating content and images for your blog. 

Take Photos At The Weekend
School is roughly from 8:30am till 4:00pm, so you don't have much time or natural lighting to take photos with. If you make note on what you need to photograph, what you want as a background and what props you are going to use, you can wake up at the weekend and blast out photos for multiple blog photos. Also, this trick is very handy in winter as you have shorter periods of day light.

Take Time Off From Blogging
I have never personally done this myself, but a few of my friends who ave their own blogs have, and they said it really helped them focus on passing their GCSEs. Also, taking a set period of time away from blogging can help refresh your mind and come up with amazing, original content.

Set Specific Times For Your Day
I spent probably 6 hours a week on my blog, which was mostly on weekends, and I spread those hours between my week. I'd spend around half an hour each week night on creating content and writing content and then 4 and a half hours at the weekend taking photos and editing them.

Create A Blog Post Bank In Your Spare Time
Whenever you find a spare day or a few spare hours in your day, open up your blog and create content. By creating a blog post bank, when you find yourself in a hurry to upload, you can quick read through one of the saved posts and publish.

Slow And Steady Wins The Race
Okay, blogging is no race, but if you start slow by posting once a week, you can eventually get into a rhythm and post a few times a week when you have finished school. I started by posting on a Friday every week and after a year, I began posting three times a week. It's just about finding what works for you.


How do you balance blogging with work/school life?


3 comments:

  1. This is very helpful since I'm quite a new blogger and just started school today :)

    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com.mt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I'm at Uni, I feel I can sort of relate to this as I'm really struggling at the minute to find a balance. I'm focusing more at Uni as that's quite important, but I still want to keep my blog as it's a hobby I love! So thank you for this post, I really enjoyed it.
    Love Lauren xx

    www.laurenshh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete