Friday, 22 January 2016

The Girl On The Train Book Review





One of the presents I received for my birthday was The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. Described as a psychological thriller, I didn't know whether I would enjoy it or want to read it to begin with. One reason I was put off was because people said it was a little disturbing, but I am glad that I read it.

Although it isn't my favourite genre of book, I think it is a good read. The novel follows the lives of three women - Rachel, Anna and Megan - and the events surrounding Megan's murder. Day in day out Rachel takes the train to and from London, past the town of Witney. As the train stops at Witney, Rachel looks at two houses - one where she used to live until she got divorced and is now the home of her ex-husband, his wife and child, and the other a home of a married couple whom she nicknames Jess and Jason. One day she discovers that Jess (who is actually called Megan) is having an affair and is enraged by it. When Meghan goes missing, Rachel is adamant that the man she was having an affair with is the culprit, and involves herself in the investigation.  

At first I found it hard to get into the book and could only read a small amount at a time, but after the half way mark I found that I was hooked and didn't want to put it down. It definitely stands out from anything else I have read.

I have also heard on the grape vine that it is being turned into a film, which I am excited about and would love to see.


Have you read The Girl On The Train?













3 comments:

  1. I loved this book - I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did!

    X

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I, but it is such a good book!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this book yet, but I have heard a lot of good things about it so I might as well read it :)

    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com.mt/

    ReplyDelete