Friday, 15 January 2016

The Hardest Things About Blogging



When becoming you forget that there are hard jobs as well as easy to do. I have had my blog for twenty one months and have soon realised that blogging, at times, can be damn right hard. So I decided to compile a list of things I found and still find hard about blogging.


Coming Up With A Blog Name
Now that blogging is becoming evermore popular, it is becoming increasingly harder to come up with a good, memorable name. I remember when I was creating my blog and just how long it took for me to come up with a name I liked enough and that wasn't already taken.

Finding Time To Write and Prep For Posts
I am still a student, so I have to prioritise my time. I have to make sure all my college work is finished and then I can think about blogging. However, finding time is a lot harder as I have split my time between college, maintaining a social life, alone time and blogging. Now that I have started my first year of college I hardly get to see my old school friends as I have college for three days a week(they have college for five) and I spend my days off blogging or catching up on sleep and anything I have missed through the week. Luckily, I still get to text and phone my friends, so my social life isn't completely dead.

Coming Up With Fresh, New Content
When I first started blogging, I found it incredibly hard to come up with original blog post ideas. Anything I thought of, someone had already done and I knew mine wouldn't be as good. I still find it hard to come up with content, but I then know I either need to have a break or that I need to find inspiration, so I scroll through category after category on Bloglovin' explore.

Photography
Everyone knows that photos are a big part of a post, they are what attracts people attention. So in order to get people's attention, you need to have amazing photos. This means perfect lighting, a good selection of props and a good backdrop. When I first started blogging, I always took photos at night so I had an orange cast of my images from my light or it was poor quality because of the flash. Now, however, I have learnt that I need to take photos during the day from 10am - 2pm as that is when it is brightest, and that I need to find a suitable backdrop that isn't too cluttered.

Telling People You Have A Blog
It's not that I am ashamed of my blog, I am incredibly proud of the amount of people who read my blog. It is just that I feel like people will judge me for having a blog. But, I am slowly learning not to care about what people think, blogging is something I enjoy, so I am going to keep doing it.



What do you find hard about blogging?

5 comments:

  1. I find hard is telling my family, even though most of them use technology, they still dont understand why i want to put my life on the internet and what purpose it gives me to do so.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this post so much! I'm at uni, so I'm still trying to prioritise work before writing my blog, and I'm still keeping it a little on the down low from friends but mention it at the odd moment and they seem pretty cool about it all! :)

    Lauren xx
    www.laurenshh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started to tell my college friends as well and they seem pretty cool about it too! :)

      Delete
  3. I can relate to all these points! Glad to know I'm not alone! :)

    -Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those things are really true! The most difficult things for me are definitely trying to make time for making the blog Posts and staying to other people I have a blog. Its what you said, you feel like they're going to judge your blog. But now I'm also not caring about it as much as before. Everytime I post a new post I learn something new! :)
    Isabella xx
    http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete