Friday, 5 February 2016

A Massive Collective Haul - The Body Shop, Lush, The Works & Candle Time



I recently ventured out to Meadowhall for a little shopping and since I bought quite a lot, I want to share it with you. 
I first went to The Works where I was going to buy a book trilogy. They ended up not having the trilogy I wanted so carried on wondering around the shop and stumbled across the 3 for £5 section. I began frantically picking up books and reading the blurbs and finally decided on six books.  I then went into Lush to restock my bath bomb collection. I ended up spending nearly £20 on just bath bombs, but they smell amazing so it was worth it. As I wasn't satisfied enough, I wanted to get some things from The Body Shop. The final shop I went into was Candle Time to pick up a votive holder, but ended up buying the Yankee Candle fragrance of the month votive, Cranberry Ice. After searching the whole of the shop for a clear votive holder, I finally decided on one that is a scratched silver glass with little trees around it.



The Night Rainbow by Claire King £7.99
"Under the sweltering heat of the summer sun, five-year-old Pea - and her vivid imagination - run wild in the meadows behind her home on the edge of a small village in southern France. Pea's father died in an accident, and now she only has her little sister, Margot, for company. Their mother is too sad to take care of them and has withdrawn to a place where Pea cannot reach her, no matter how hard she tries. When Pea meets Claude, a neighbour who seems to love the meadow as she does, she wonders if he could be their new papa. But what secret is Claude keeping?"


Paradise House by Erica James £8.99
"Angel Sands is a traditional seaside resort of bed and breakfasts, holiday cottages and tea shops. And with the best views of the tiny beach and surrounding coastline is Paradise House, home to the Baxter girls - known locally as the Sisters of Whimsy. With their mother taking time out to 'find' herself, it's down to Genevieve to run the family-owned B&B - no an easy task, given that her father as suddenly become a magnet for the opposite sex. And there's little help from her sisters: Nattie is too busy offending a long-time admirer, and Polly spends most of the time with her head in the clouds or a book. Then a nearby dilapidated barn is sold - and Genevieve finds that a bittersweet trip down memory lane is unavoidable."


The Hidden Cottage by Erica James £8.99
Mia Channing appears to have an enviable life: a beautiful home, a happy marriage, a job she enjoys and three grown-up children to whom she's devoted. But appearances can be deceptive... Wen the family gathers for her son's thirtieth birthday, he brings with him his latest girlfriend who, to their surprise, has a nine-year old daughter. then, before the birthday cake has even been cut, Mias's youngest daughter Daisy seizes the opportunity to drop a bombshell. It's an evening that marks a turning point in all their lives, them old resentments and regrets surface and the carefully ordered world Mia has created begins to unravel."



A Passionate Love Affair With A Total Stranger by Lucy Robinson £6.99
"Charley Lambert has worked hard at creating a perfect life. She has an aspirational flat, a job of international significance and a very good pair of legs, thanks to a rigorous elath and fitness regime. Best of all, her boss has asked her out after seven years' hard flirting and a covert fumble in a mop cupboard. Then she breaks her leg in three places, watches her boss propose to someone else and - horror - is forced to hand over er job to her nasty deputy. Charley, a certified workaholic, fears that she will go mad. Dangerously bored, she starts helping people who are talentless at internet dating. Then William arrives in her inbox and rocks her world. Helpless, she watches herself fall in love with him and discovers she's not who she thought she was. But can she turn back on her old life - all for a total stranger?"


This Is A Love Story by Jessica Thompson £8.99
"This is a a love story. Boy meets girl and girl falls for boy - that much is true. But when Sienna meets Nick it's not the way it happens in love stories. It's because of a squirrel on water skis... She sees Nick's dangerous brown eyes and thinks, don't. fall. into. them. Who will be there to catch Sienna when she falls? She is so fragile. She has so many secrets, and he is not that serious."



 Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn £8.99
"Honoria Smythe-Smith, the youngest daughter of the eldest son of the Earl of Winstead, plays the violin in the annual musicale performed by the Smythe-Smith quartet. She's well aware that they are dreadful but she's the sort who figures that nothing good will come of being mortified, so she puts on a good show and laughs about it. Marcus Holroyd is the best friend of Honoria's brother Daniel, who lives in exile. Marcus has promised to watch out for Honoria, but he faces a challenge when she sets off for Cambridge determined to marry by the end of the season. She's got her eye on the only unmarried Bridgerton, who's a bot wet behind the ears. when her advances are spurned, can Marcus swoop in and steal her heart in time for the musicale?"



Having never tried the soaps from The Body Shop I wanted to try them out. I got the Mango and Coconut soaps as I love both of the scents so much. I also wanted some more hand creams and shower gels as I use them up really quickly, so I got the Honeymania hand cream and the Strawberry and Olive shower gels.




 Dashing Santa Bath Bomb £2.95 each
This bath bomb is part of the exclusive Christmas range so it isn't available all year round. I really wanted to get a Christmas bath bomb this year but I didn't like the smells of them. However, when I sniffed this I was in love. It smells quite citrusy and fresh, but slightly spiced.




 Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb £1.95 each
I absolutely love these bath bombs. They smell incredible and just help you relax in the bath. They smell of lavender and peppermint which helps you to relax and feel sleepy and ready for bed.




Avobath Bath Bomb £3.50
I bought one of these in August and loved it. It has a citrus fresh scent which is one of my favourite scents. Also, the avocado and olive oil help moisturise your skin.



Twilight Bath Bomb £3.50
This has been raved about all over the internet and just seeing everyone rant about how nice it is just made me want it more and more, so I went and got it. It smells a lot like the Ickle Baby Bot bath bomb but a little more floral. I am also extremely excited to use it as the woman who served me said it is her favourite and is absolutely amazing in the bath.


Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb £3.50
I repurchased this little beauty as I love it. It smells of sherbet and has popping candy in it. One thing I am not happy with it the lack of colourful paper circles in it. Non of them in the shop had a lot of colours in it as they are supposed to.



3 comments:

  1. That Cranberry Ice candle and the Dragon's Egg bath bomb smell so nice! And it's pretty much impossible not to get books from The Works when they're so cheap :D

    ~ Ashleigh | https://afrolicthroughfiction.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such a big haul haha, I love and want everything!! I love books, just the covers of these themselves has drawn me in!! I also love The Body Shop, their soaps are amazing, you will LOVE them! And their hand creams are also one of my faves, I recently finished using the almond one, and I have the mango one, the mango scent is my all time fave from the BS, but I also love glazed apple which I got at Christmas!! Lush is also one of my fave ever shops, Twilight is such an amazing bath bomb, try it before you go to bed, it's sooo relaxing!! xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the hand creams, but I have never seen the almond one before. The glazed apple scent is my absolute favourite, it just smells so good. I will definitely try twilight before bed :)

      Delete