Friday, 25 March 2016

The Hidden Cottage Book Review


I bought this last year in The Works as part of their 3 for £5 offer. I had never heard of the author Erica James so I didn't know what to expect from the book. Prior to reading this book, I read Paradise House by the same author (bought at the same time as this one) and loved it, so I couldn't wait to read this one. With that being said it did take me a long time to actually read the book as it started off quite boringly and was hard to follow as it changed to different perspectives, this meant it took a month for me to read it. 

However, once I got used to the perspective changes and learnt more about the characters etc. I really liked it. The story line is different to books have read previously. Throughout the whole book I could vision what it would look like in real life, which is down to the amount of description of each character and scenarios.  Also, throughout the book there are many funny parts which made me laugh, but there were some sad parts which made me cry. The ending of the book definitely made up for the beginning as the last third of the book was quite dramatic.



Have you read The Hidden Cottage?

No comments:

Post a Comment