Friday, 15 April 2016

Just Like Heaven Book Review


I was really looking forward to reading this book by Julia Quinn for many reasons, 1) it is different to what I would usually read, 2) I had never heard of the author and 3) the blurb made the book sound really interesting. 

It is set in the 19th century and is about the love story between Honoria, a young violinist who is part of her family's quartet, and her brother's friend Marcus who has been ordered by his friend to watch out for Honoria whilst her brother was away. They soon realise their love for one another when Marcus is taken seriously ill and Honoria spends the duration of his illness caring for him. However, they both are too stubborn to admit their love for one another.


The story line is a lot different to what I usually read as it is set in the 1800s and read a lot of modern stories, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book and the only time I put it down was when I went to sleep. It is definitely a romance novel and as quite a few funny moments throughout. All the way through the book I was picturing each scene as the book was so detailed, which made me really enjoy it. Also, it was really easy to follow, even though it switched to different people's perspectives.


Have you read any Julia Quinn books?

No comments:

Post a Comment