Friday, 10 June 2016

The Percy Jackson Book Series Review



Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief
"Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek God. I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher. Now I spend my time battling monsters and generally trying to stay alive. This is the one here Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks I've stolen his lightning bolt - and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea."



Percy Jackson And The Sea Of Mosters
"You can't tell by looking at me that my dad is Poseidon, God of the Sea. It's not easy being a half-blood these days. Even a simple game of dodge ball becomes a death match against an ugly gang of cannibal giant - and that was only the beginning. Now Camp Half-Blood is under attack and, unless I can get my hands of the Golden Fleece, the whole camp will be invaded by monsters. Big ones...."



Percy Jackson And The Titan's Curse
"It's not every day you find yourself in combat with a half-lion, half-human. But when you're the son of a Greek God, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a godess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster. Oh and guess what. The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive."


Percy Jackson And The Battle Of The Labyrinth
"Honestly, blowing up another school was the last thing I wanted to do. As the son of a Greek God, I've had my share of near-death disaster - and now my arch-enemy Luke wants to invade our camp via an ancient labyrinth. If he succeeds, thousands of bloodthirsty monsters will attack. So it's goodbye sunshine, hello darkness as four of us descend into the terrifying underground and beyond..."




Percy Jackson And The Last Olympian
"Most people get presents on their sixteenth birthday. I get a prophecy that could save or destroy the world. It happens when you're the son of Poseidon, God of the Sea. According to an ancient prophecy, I turn sixteen and the fate of the entire world is on me. But no pressure. Now Kronos, Lord of the Titans, is beginning his attack on New York City. And the dreaded monster Typhon is also heading our way. So it's me and forty of my demigod friends versus untold evil."


For Christmas my sisters got me this book series and I was so excited to read them. My friend and fellow book blogger,Ashleigh, recommended that I should read this series since I have seen the first two films and loved them. To be honest, I just thought there were the two films and that was it, I didn't know they were based on a book series. With that been said, I absolutely loved the books and thoroughly enjoyed reading them. Even though I kind of knew what happened in the first two books, I still found myself super excited to read them. 

The author, Rick Riordan, is known for being the 'myth master' as he has written many books based on Greek and Roman myths. I would definitely agree with his nickname as I think he really nailed this book series. The series made me feel all kinds of emotions, from happy to sad to shocked. When I finished the final book I actually cried.
I really hope they carry on making more film adaptations of the rest of the books because I love them so much!


Have you read the series?

No comments:

Post a Comment