Friday, 5 August 2016

The Danish Girl Book Review


Usually I wouldn't go for this genre of book, I prefer more contemporay books. However when I saw the trailer for the film adaptation, I was intrigued to see what it was about. I am yet to see the film, but I am sure that I will enjoy it as I found the book amazing. 

At parts it is a little romantic so that is partly why I like it but it was also a little sad. I found the book incredibly interesting and it has made me interested in the history behind the main character as it is a biographical book about a transgender woman in the late 20's/early 30's.

To say that I bought the book on a whim, I have strangely and thoroughly enjoyed reading it and would recommend it to anyone. It really opened my eyes on how being a transgender woman was like in those times. It also made me want to read more books from this genre.

Have you read The Danish Girl or seen the film?


No comments:

Post a Comment