Thursday, 17 November 2016

Fangirl Book Review



I had never heard of Rainbow Rowell before this year and I don't understand how. This year I have become addicted to BookTubers, and spend too much time watching book related videos, and every single person's videos I watched they raved about this book. Since it is a contemporary, I knew I would be interested in it, so I looked it up on Amazon and bought it. 

The book follows the first year of college life of Cath, who until now was attached to her twin and spent her time writing fan-fiction. Now at college, she has to deal with life on her own and make her own friends.

It took me a while to get around to reading it, but I am glad that I finally did and wish I had read it sooner. I absolutely loved this book and didn't want it to end. I immediately fell in love with the main character, Cath, and found her very similar to myself. I also loved the relationship between Cath and Levi. 

Also, for me the book was quite unpredictable and throghout the whole book I was thinking "Oh no!" "OMG!" or "Yay!"

I would definitely say this is one of my favourite reads of the year.


1 comment:

  1. OMG it's an amazing book, right?! It took me so long to read it too and I kick myself for not picking it up earlier. It's become one of my favorite books I've ever read. You're so right about the story, it went in totally different directions than I thought. So brilliant!
    Steph x. Hello, Steph Blog

    ReplyDelete