Friday, 16 December 2016

After You Book Review



I originally didn't want to read After You because for me, the story ended at the end of Me Before You and I didn't want to think of a story after the character Will Traynor. However, it was in buy one get one half price in Waterstones and I was already getting one book, so I thought "why not?"

After You follows on 18 months after Will's death. Lou is living in London in a apartment she bought with Will's money and working in an airport pub. One night Lou has a serious accident which turns her life upside down. Since she can't move on from Will, she joins the Moving On Circle group. However, when she begins to move on a stranger turns up on her doorstep from Will's past and wants answers.

I don't know what to say about this book... I really enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the first one. I missed have the character Will in the story and it wasn't what I expected the story to be. I found the book a little predictable, I knew how it would end when I was half way through the book, and there were times where I didn't see it coming, like when it was revealed who Lily was. 

However, I liked how Lou was developed as a character and the elements of romance and mystery in the book.

Have you read After You?

No comments:

Post a Comment