Monday, 30 January 2017

January Wrap Up



When it comes to booktube and book blogs one of my favourite things to watch/read are wrap ups. I just love see what books that person has read and to get their opinion so that I can see if I want it or not. With that been said, I thought it was about time I did a wrap up to add to the mix.


This month I wanted to start the year off with a bang, so I chose to read The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George, review here. This book has been sat on my shelf since the summer and because of my book buying habit, it was pushed to the bottom of my to be read pile. Now that I have read it, I can say that this book wasn't for me.  I liked how it was set in France, but it was just boring. I ended up giving this book a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.


I knew that in January that I definitely wanted to read the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and Grey by E.L James because the new film is coming out at the start of February. So to pick me up after a rather poor start to the reading year, I chose to read them.

I started off with Grey which is Fifty Shades of Grey but told from Christian's perspective instead of Anastasia's. I really enjoyed re-reading this and stuck to the initial 4 out of 5 stars I gave it. I then read the trilogy- Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed. This trilogy is by far one of my favourite trilogies, I just love how it is kind of a twisted romance. I have to say that I prefer the second and third books to the first, just because there is loads of drama compared to the first. I stuck to the 5 out of 5 I initially gave this trilogy. Review of all four books here.



What books have you read this month? 





No comments:

Post a Comment