Monday, 27 February 2017

Heroes of Olympus - The Mark of Athena Book Review


The third installation of The Heroes of Olympus series, The Mark of Athena, follows the seven demigods - Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel and Frank - on their quest to Old Rome to rescue Nico di Angelo (Son of Hades) and for Annabeth to find and recover the Athena Parthenos.

When I first started The Mark of Athena I was a little bored because it was a little different to the first two books and it didn't start with lots of drama. However, as I read more and got further along in the story I began to love it just as much as the first two. I really enjoyed how there was still a lot of mystery throughout the book especially with the mark of Athena. 
Since there is so much drama, mystery and loads of things happening, I couldn't help put get sucked in to the demigod world and whenever I put it down I would pick it up five minutes later.

I really enjoyed having all seven characters in the story, I love all of them especially Frank, he's so cute. Throughout the book I felt sorry for Leo because all the other demigods on the quest are a couple, but at the same time I loved how they were all in relationships it was really cute (I'm a sucker for romance).

I am obsessed with the Argo II and loved how random and weird the monsters were, the two giants Otis and Ephialtes and Shrimpzilla were definitely my favourites. Shrimpzilla..... WTAF! 

I liked how it had quite a lot of comedy in it, but also had some tense and creepy moment too. Pages 127 - 151 with the eidolons was creepy but so good and pages 563 - 566 was so tense, dramatic and nearly had me in tears. Also, I loved how it had merpeople and that there was a joke about The Little Mermaid. 

By far the best parts were Annabeth's quest to find the Athena Parthenos and the ending! 

I ended up giving The Mark of Athena 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads

Have you read the Heroes of Olympus series?


No comments:

Post a Comment