Friday, 24 February 2017

Heroes of Olympus - The Son Of Neptune Book Review




The Son of Neptune follows on shortly after The Lost Hero but tells the story of Percy, who has amnesia and is placed in Camp Jupiter (Roman demi-god camp). Shortly after his arrival Percy and two others, Frank and Hazel, are sent on a quest to rescue Thantos a.k.a death.

I love how this book had so much drama in it, from the first page, and had so much mystery throughout. Every time I tried to unravel a mystery, something would happen that would contradict my theory.

I loved Ella the harpy, she was just really cute and loved how she could quote books perfectly. I became obsessed with Frank, his background story and his abilities. I also loved how he is asian as not a lot of books have diverse main characters. Also, Frank's grandma was hilarious. The horse Arion was by far my favourite, I mean he can run faster than the speed of sound and he has sass!
I also really liked the ending, but would have liked it to have been more dramatic.

One thing I didn't like was how it was mainly Roman god based, I prefer the Greek version but I really enjoyed the crossover between the two.


Overall I gave The Son of Neptune 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.


Have you read The Son of Neptune?


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book too! I prefer the Greek gods too, but the Roman camp was really cool (although Camp Half-Blood all the way!) The characters are so funny and likable in these books, makes me want to read more.
    Steph x. Hello, Steph Blog

    ReplyDelete