Thursday, 2 March 2017

Heroes of Olympus - The House of Hades Book Review



The House of Hades follows the seven demigods (eight including Nico) on their quest to close the Doors of Death. For Piper, Jason, Leo, Frank, Hazel and Nico that means travelling to the House of Hades and closing the doors from the mortals side. For Percy and Annabeth, who plummeted to Tartarus in the Mark of Athena, it means they have to travel through Tartarus and closing the Door of Death from their side.

One thing I love about this series is how every book starts with so much drama, it sucked me in right from the get go. I also loved how badass Piper and Hazel was in this book, that and Leo's wittyness and jokes made the book a lot more enjoyable. I fell in love with quite a few monsters and Calypso. I found the dwarfs really funny and random and found Bob the Titan really cute with his broom. I enjoyed how Calypso was brought back as I loved her when she was in the Percy Jackson series.

Initially, I was worried and skeptical about how Tartarus would be described. However, I loved how it was described and could actually picture what it would be like. I think the parts of the book that were in Tartarus were actually some of the best parts of the book. I found the part with the arai and chapters 53 to 56 so tense and couldn't stop reading until those chapters were over. 

Throughout the book it is hinted that Nico has some secret, but I never expected it to be what it was (I would say, but spoilers). When I read the part where he revealed his secret, I just said what, it was so unexpected.

I really enjoyed the battle in the House of Hades and loved the ending. I really don't want the series to end!



Have you read The House of Hades?


No comments:

Post a Comment